It seems to be “sorted” that the Canadian government will handle the purchase, funded as a “concessionary loan” of KSh 4.6M to the Government of Kenya, relieving the IEBC of the budgeted amount of KSh 3.9M for the procurement. Here are stories from the Standard and the Star.
- Another change – Kenyan Government will obtain Biometric Voter Registration system directly from Canada for IEBC (africommons.com)
- Sh4.6bn voter kits loan to get the nod (nation.co.ke)
- IEBC rejects lowest bid for biometric voter kits (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Cabinet urges IEBC to pursue biometric voter registration (nation.co.ke)
- Kenya to use manual voter listing after tender row (capitalfm.co.ke)